Hair transplantation involves the collection of healthy grafts from the back of the scalp( I.e. Where there are healthy thick hair). The article attempts to provide answers by assessing hair transplant after 10 years.
These healthy grafts, through different surgical procedures, are transplanted to areas of the scalp, with little or no hair.
After the transplanted grafts are healed, they would bring forth new hair. Thus, covering bald areas.
Hair transplant surgeries are, relatively safe and very effective. But, are they permanent solutions? Can they withstand the test of time?
HAIR TRANSPLANT AFTER 10 YEARS: WHEN PROBLEMS AND COMPLICATIONS DO NOT ARISE.
When hair transplantation is carried out in the right hospital, under a qualified surgeon and closely monitored afterwards. The following should occur;
- Grafts become secured: After a successful hair transplant, grafts should , “ Stick properly,” in recipient areas.
This should take about seven (7) to fourteen (14) days.
- Transplanted grafts should heal and produce hair: If the surgery is carried out, successfully. The implanted grafts should heal between six (6) to twelve (12) months. After which, hair would begin to grow and cover up bald areas.
- There should be no infection or complications: If patients adhere to doctors instructions and avail themselves for regular check up. Infections and other possible complications should not occur.
Ten years afterwards, the patient should have, probably;
- Experienced tremendous hair growth on bald areas.
- Facial appearance should have transformed, greatly.
- Self esteem and confidence should increase. Self perception should also change.
HAIR TRANSPLANT AFTER 10 YEARS: WHEN PROBLEMS AND COMPLICATIONS ARISES.
Hair transplant surgeries are, relatively safe. But, are also prone to complications, just like other surgical procedures.
One of the most common complication after this procedure, is infection. This could arise due to negligence on the path of the patients, doctors or when Injuries after surgery are not well taken care off.
If infections occur and are left untreated or not given proper medical attention. Over time, other signs and symptoms like fever, heart palpitations, dizziness, difficult breathing could emanate from this.
Within a period of ten years or less, the untreated infection should have gotten into the bloodstream. This would, eventually, lead to death.
Another problem with this procedure, is that although it provides a solution to hair loss. It does not deal with the underlying causes.
Genetic composition, chemotherapy, age, certain medications, heavy menstrual flow, are few factors responsible for this conditions.
To the best of my knowledge, hair transplantation only deals with hair loss, not the factors responsible for it.
Thus, even if a successful hair transplant is carried out and hair covers up bald areas. Within ten years, most, if not all new grown hair should be lost.
ARE TRANSPLANTED HAIRS PERMANENT
In situations where problems and complications do not arise. Transplanted hairs should be permanent, right?
To the best of my knowledge, there’s no definite answer to that question.
In my personal opinion, transplanted hair are not permanent. Reasons for this belief, are discussed in this article.
Hair transplantation works!! But, if you consider the advantages and disadvantages, you would agree with me that the disadvantages outweigh the latter.
This is why I’ve put together this list of products. Theses products are safe and pocket friendly alternatives to hair transplantation.
These products are not only designed to Foster hair growth, but also help prevent hair loss.
- Hair Regrowth kit: This amazing and pocket friendly kit contains two items;
- First sun intensive hair growth spray:This spray, is designed to penetrate into the skin and proffer solution to all causes of hair loss in men and women.
Asides from fostering hair growth and reducing the likelihood of experiencing hair loss. This product helps deal with dandruff and leaves the hair looking smooth and silky.
- Derma roller: Derma rollers are manual devices. They contain an array of micro needles.
The combination of these two products is a sure solution to hair loss.
- Rogaine’s 5% Minoxidil Foam:This product is another good alternative to hair transplantation. It is recommended by the United State food and drug administration (USFDA).
- The Pill Finasteride: This pill is another good alternative to hair transplantation.
The only disadvantage of this product, is its side effects.
This product of one out of a few that has been well researched on and proven to help with hair loss.