The use of castor oil for hair thinning, is seen as one of many solutions to that hair condition.
Hair thinning is a simply a situation whereby the hair becomes less thick due to the reduction in hair quantity.
This condition occurs due to a number of factors. (I.e. hormonal changes, the genes, lack of certain nutrients, using hair products filled with lots of chemicals, etc.)
The aim of this piece is to assess the effectiveness of this remedy.
Just like coconut oil, Castor oil helps to thicken hair strands. But, let’s take a quick look at Castor oil.
ABOUT THE CASTOR OIL
Castor oil, is part of a group of oils referred to as, “ Essential oils.”
Castor oil is extracted from the bean of a Castor plant.
This oil is contains lots of nutrients and antioxidants.
Castor oil has three major types and can either appear yellow or black in colour.
According to this study. Castor oil contains 90% of a very important compound.
This compound is referred to as, “ Ricinoleic acid.”
CASTOR OIL FOR HAIR THINNING
Although, the use of castor oil for hair thinning is gradually gaining attention.
Unfortunately, no scientific evidence proves applying this oil to the scalp can help treat hair thinning. ( To the best of my knowledge.)
But, findings from this research shows that, “ Ricinoleic acid,” found in Castor oil can weaken an enzyme, known to be capable of destroying hair follicles.
This enzyme is called, “ Prostaglandin D2.”
Prostaglandin D2 is found more in individuals suffering from male or female pattern baldness.
Male and female pattern baldness are the most common cause of hair loss.
Asides from the aforementioned, nutrients and antioxidants found in Castor oil might also help nourish the skin and scalp.
Thereby, preventing more hair loss.
HOW TO USE CASTOR OIL FOR HAIR THINNING
Although, no scientific evidence backs up the use of castor oil for hair thinning.
You have nothing to lose should you decide to give this remedy a trial.
Castor oil comes in three different types. And the best is the, “ Jamaican black Castor oil.”
This best brand, is probably this, “ Lanthome black castor oil.”
If you plan on using this oil for hair thinning, follow the steps below;
1. Thin out the Castor oil, by heating up a tablepoon of Castor oil and half a tablespoon of coconut oil.
This should be done on medium to low heat.
You can double or triple the recommended quantity based on scalp size.
2. Allow mixture to cool down. Then using your fingertips, extract a little quantity of the mixture.
Massage mixture, directly on the scalp, but gently.
This message should be done for 2 minutes at each area.
3. Allow mixture to sit on the scalp, overnight. Thus, it is better to do this before you go to bed.
4. Wash off oil mixture in the morning, using either mild shampoo or soap.
This should however be done only once a week.
5. Be sure to test for allergic reactions. Apply a little quantity to your arm first. Then observe for about an hour.
OTHER EFFECTIVE ALTERNATIVES FOR A THINNING HAIR
I have put together a number of hair growth products.
These products would help prevent hair loss and foster hair growth.
1. First sun intensive hair growth spray:
This is probably the best hair growth product.
This hair growth spray contains plant extracts, essential oils, and other ingredients.
Asides from promoting hair growth and preventing hair loss.
This spray also helps to repair, nourish and moisturize hair follicles.
It also helps prevent dandruff, which can cause hair loss.
First sun intensive hair growth spray, is available for purchase at the Skinol Cosmetics online store.
2. Moerie Mineral hair growth spray: This spray can be purchased from this online store.
3. Anatomy herbs hair spray: This spray can be ordered from this online store.
4. Ginger hair growth spray: This hair spray, is available for purchase at this online store.