The hooded eye botox eyebrow lift is one of many treatment options for hooded eyes.
Although this treatment is a temporary solution. It is a relatively safe and cheaper alternative to the main treatment option.
The article takes a closer look at this treatment and assesses its effectiveness.
WHAT IS HOODED EYES?
Hooded eyes is mostly seen as a genetic condition.
It occurs naturally and may be age related.
The medical term for hooded eyes is, “ Ptosis.”
Hooded eyes simply refers to a situation whereby the eyelid has excess skin.
This excess skin may shoot out and probably touch the eyelash line.
This condition only becomes a source of concern;
• when it obstructs one’s vision.
• When the individual suffering from it, finds it disturbing.
CAN HOODED EYES BE TREATED PERMANENTLY?
Yes, hooded eyes can be treated, permanently.
Permanent solution to hooded eyes, is a surgical procedure termed, “ Blepharoplasty.”
• Patients are placed under local or general anaesthesia.
• Small cut(s) is/ are made at the eyelid. Then excess skin or fat is removed.
Although this procedure offers a permanent solution.
Blepharoplasty, just like other surgical procedures, is prone to surgical complications.
HOODED EYE BOTOX EYEBROW LIFT
The hooded eye botox eyebrow lift is another alternative to , “ Blepharoplasty.”
Unlike Blepharoplasty, it is a non surgical procedure.
This treatment option involves injecting botox into the muscles of the eyelid.
Botox is an acronym for, “ Botulinum toxin.”
For this treatment, Botulinum toxin type A is injected.
Botulinum toxin type A is a protein made from a bacteria.
The Botox injected helps Soothe the muscles, by preventing muscular contraction.
The end product is the excess skin at the eyelid appearing in a position of rest. I.e. Looking normal.
IS THE HOODED EYES BOTOX BROW LIFT PERMANENT?
No, this treatment option is not permanent.
After the first treatment, visible results should remain for about 3 – 6 months.
After which another round of treatment would be required to sustain current look.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS AND COMPLICATIONS
1. Areas where Botox was injected might become red in colour, swell or have bruises.
This is however linked to the injection needle and should disappear within a week.
2. Allergic reactions to Botox might occur.
This might result in difficulties breathing and neck pain.
3. Infections may arise when unsterilized needles are used.
4. The eyelids may even drop more.
5. Patients might find it hard to eat and swallow.
6. Difficulty speaking and possible partial or full paralyses.
OTHER TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR HOODED EYES
Asides from Blepharoplasty and hooded eye botox eyebrow lift. There are other treatment options for hooded eyes.
A few of them are discussed below;
1. Use of brow fillers:
This is also a non surgical procedure.
During this procedure, substances are injected into the certain areas around the eye.
These substances provide temporary solution by lifting the eyebrows.
2. Thread lift:
This procedure is carried out under local anaesthesia.
During this procedure, threads are placed in certain areas of the skin using a needle.
These threads are however dissolvable.
With time, the threads should dissolve.
This would help lift the eye brows, thereby lifting the eyelids.
3. Products for hooded eyes:
This is an eye drop that might help lift hooded eyes.
To the best of knowledge, this is the only approved product for hooded eyes.
Other products includes;
• Dr. Bandit Retinol eye cream: You can order this product from this online store.
• ROC c retinol eye cream: You can purchase this product from this store.
• Alpyn beauty eye balm: You can order this product from this online store.
• FAB skin retinol eye cream: This product can be purchased from this online store.
We hope you enjoyed this post, make sure to check out best products for acne scars.