There are a good number of herbs grown here in Africa. But, are you aware that there are some African herbs for Hair growth?
The use of these Herbs for hair growth, is gradually gaining attention.
But, are these herbs effective in promoting hair growth?
This piece looks at two of such herbs and assesses its effectiveness in promoting hair growth.
AFRICAN HERBS FOR HAIR GROWTH
1. Curry Leaves:
This is one of many African herbs for Hair growth.
Curry leaves are aromatic herbs used for cooking and making medicine.
This herb grows well in Nigeria, South Africa, a few other African countries.
Curry leaves are filled with lots of Nutrients and antioxidants.
Although, the use of Curry leaves for hair growth is gradually becoming popular.
No scientific research or evidence has been brought forward to prove its effectiveness. ( To the best of my knowledge.)
But, Curry leaves are known contain nutrients and antioxidants, that can help nourish the;
• Hair cells.
• Hair follicles.
The belief is that, if the hair cells, follicles and scalp are nourished. They would function better, thereby promoting more hair growth.
If you desire to use this herb for hair growth. You can make this, “ Curry infused coconut oil recipe.” ( credit: Style craze)
To make this recipe, simply;
• Add about 3 tablespoons of coconut oil into a pan already heating up on medium to low heat.
• Then add an hand full of Curry leaves into the oil.
• Heat up both ingredients until something black forms around the leaves.
• When this occurs, take off the heat. Allow to cool down before straining the mixture.
• Massage oil mixture directly on the scalp, for about 2 minutes at each area.
Remember to massage, gently, or hair strands may fall off.
• Allow oil sit on scalp for about 30- 45 minutes before washing off with mild shampoo or soap.
• Remember to check for allergic reactions before applying on the scalp.
Apply a little quantity to your arm first, then wait for about an hour.
Other effective alternatives to this recipe, are these hair growth products;
This spray is made with ginger and ginseng extract, amongst other ingredients.
For quicker results, use with this, “ Derma roller micro needling device.”
Both products can be gotten from the Skinol Cosmetics online store.
• Alpha vitamin scalp growth oil.
2. Thyme Leaves:
This is also one of a many African herbs for Hair growth.
Thyme leaves are aromatic herbs used either for cooking or making medicine.
The leaves are grown in South Africa, Egypt and a few other North African countries.
This herb is also packed loaded with nutrients and antioxidants.
Unfortunately, no scientific evidence proves that thyme leaves can promote hair growth. ( To the best of my knowledge.)
But, this research suggests that thyme might be effective in promoting hair growth.
Thyme leaves, just like curry leaves, also contains nutrients and antioxidants that can help nourish the hair cells, follicles and scalp.
If you wish to use this herb hair growth. You can make this, “ Thyme leaves spray.” ( Credit: Natural living ideas.)
To make this, simply;
• Combine a hand full of fresh thyme leaves, 3 teaspoons of honey and half a cup of apple cider vinegar in a brown jar and cover up.
• Allow the mixture sit for three days in the refrigerator. Then strain and transfer liquid to a spray bottle.
• Spray mixture, directly on the scalp. Allow to sit on scalp for about 25- 30 minutes before washing off with mild shampoo or soap.
Effective alternatives to this recipe, are these hair growth products;
• First sun intensive hair growth spray; Made with a combination of ginger and ginseng extract, amongst others.
It works better with this, “ Derma micro needling roller.”
Both products can be ordered from the Skinol Cosmetics online store.