The search for substances that can increase hair growth has increased over the years.
The is because, humans recognise the importance of having the right quantity and thickness of hair.
This article assesses the effectiveness of onion juice on hair growth and how to make onion juice for hair growth.
CAN ONION JUICE PROMOTE HAIR GROWTH?
Onion juice might be able to promote hair growth. Reason for this belief, is linked to results from researches carried out using onion juice.
The aim was to check for its effectiveness in fostering hair growth.
Two of such researches and its findings, are listed below;
Alopecia areata is a condition that arises when the immune system attacks the tissues of the body. This condition causes hair loss, but in a number of spots on the scalp and beard.
During this study, a group of participants used onion juice on the scalp, twice daily, for two months. Another group of participants applied tap water, for the same duration.
This was repeated for a period of two months.
After the two months period, participants who applied onion juice witnessed more hair growth than the latter.
2. In this study, onion juice was made and added to a, naturally made shampoo.
This shampoo was applied and left on the scalp for 5 minutes.
Participants who used the shampoo made, witnessed hair growth and their scalp’s, more nourished.
HOW TO MAKE ONION JUICE FOR HAIR GROWTH
Any type of onion can be used when making onion juice.
Rather than making a huge batch to store in the refrigerator. It is recommended to make a fresh batch on a daily basis.
This is because active nutrients might become inactive, while it sits in the refrigerator.
There’s no recommended number of onion to use. Quantity should be based on the size of your scalp or areas experiencing hair loss.
Follow the steps below to make a batch of onion juice:
1. Wash and cut the onion bulb into chunks.
2. Place in a food processor or blender. Add a tiny bit of water to help the blending process. Then blend till, completely pureed.
3. To Prevent your scalp from stinking of onion after use. You can add two to three teaspoons of lemon juice. You can also add any essential oil or other fragrance.
4. Strain the puree with a cheese or chiffon cloth, spatula and strainer, etc.
HOW TO APPLY ONION JUICE TO SCALP FOR HAIR GROWTH
Note: Remember to check for allergic reaction. Apply a little quantity of onion juice to the arm first.
1. After preparing the onion juice, you can apply as is or mix with a little quantity of shampoo containing lots of fragrance.
2. Using a cotton swab, extract a little quantity of onion juice and release, directly on the scalp. Massage content into the scalp for about two minutes.
3. Allow the onion juice sit on the scalp for about 20 minutes before washing off with mild shampoo.
4. Just like the research conducted, this should be done twice a day.
5. Check for results after a month. If there are no visible results, stop applying.
6. Possible side effects of excessive use, includes itching, dry scalp. Hair loss might also occur if you massage, aggressively.
OTHER HAIR REGROWTH PRODUCTS GUARANTEED TO BOOST QUICK HAIR GROWTH
Instead of going through the stress of preparing onion juice plus the smell of it on your scalp, you might as well consider one of these products for faster hair growth.
These products contain, ingredients that would help foster hair growth, deal with and prevent hair loss.
1. Hair Regrowth Kit: This kit comprises of 2 different products that have been tested and guaranteed to promote hair growth 4X faster than usual and collagen levels by 400%. Collagen is a protein that also helps to foster healthy hair sprouts.
The two products in this kit are:
Purchase the complete hair regrowth kit by visiting the Skinol Cosmetics Online Store.
2. Rogain’s 5% Minoxidil Foam: You can get more information regarding this product by visiting this online store.
3. Intensive scalp tonic spray: This product can be purchased by visiting this online store.